This post was published 4 years ago. Download links are most likely obsolete.
If that's the case, try asking the author to reupload.
Requirements: Android 4.1+ | Size: 24,9 MB
Web Video Caster allows you to watch on your TV videos from your favorite websites including movies, TV shows, live streams of news, sports, and IPTV. It also lets you cast local videos stored on your phone.
SUPPORTED STREAMING DEVICES
Web Video Caster supports the most popular streaming devices, allowing your TV to stream videos directly from the web.
• DLNA receivers
• Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
• Smart TVs: LG Netcast and WebOS, Samsung, Sony, and others.*
• And more
*If you experience a compatibility issues, contact us and include the brand and model number.
• HLS live streams in M3U8 format
• Authenticated videos including movies and TV shows
• MP4 videos
• Live news and sports
• Any HTML5 videos*
*Your streaming device must be capable of decoding the video you are playing. Web Video Caster doesn't perform any video/audio decoding or transcoding.
HOW IT WORKS
Web Video Caster is a browser, which allows you to stream videos of movies, TV shows, and other media from the internet to a streaming device or smart tv. Web Video Caster grabs the video URL inside the web page, sends it to the streaming device (i.e. Chromecast, Fire TV, Roku), and then plays the video directly from the content provider. This ultimately saves your mobile device’s battery. It also detects subtitles on the web page. Web Video Caster does not host these videos. This is not a mirroring app.
Web Video Caster is also able to cast local videos stored on your phone or tablet.
The app will also allow you to download videos for which you have permission to do so. Start the video downloader from the video list screen. File types include MP4, AVI, WEBM. Excludes live streams (M3U8, MPEG-Dash).
Follow these simple step-by-step instructions to start streaming
1. Find a video online that you want to watch.
2. Make sure this video can play on mobile browsers without Flash.
3. Connect to your streaming device.
4. Play the video as you normally would. Or, click the play button on the toolbar.
LIMITATIONS & DISCLOSURES
As with all apps, there are some limitations we are aware of and want you to know about up front.
• We are in no way associated with any web media providers and we do not have control over the content they provide.
• Web Video Caster does not support nor play Flash or FLV videos.
• The app does not support tab casting, like the Chromecast extension for the PC web browser.
• We cannot do anything to fix issues that arise on the server side (media content provider) such as failure to play or buffering, which is especially common during heavy load times and weekends.
• Refunds only issued within 24 hours of purchase and you must submit the order number in text, not a screenshot.
Updated a few SDKs.