Windows Software | VidMasta 21.6 Multilingual | 24.85 MB
Finding and watching movies online is an activity that attracts more and more users, reason enough for developers to bring about dedicated applications that can facilitate the access to such resources. Among the top choices in its category, VidMasta tries to go one step further and provide a bit more than search and view functionality.
A comprehensive program, that packs a lot of features in a rather simple interface, this particular software is all about motion pictures, television series and fast downloads. The lookup feature offers users the ability to choose beside the title, a specific type, rating, release date and also choose the genre. All these criteria work together to bring about the results that are closest to the user's needs and preferences.
The video quality is also taken into consideration, thus allowing users to choose among 1080 HD, 720 HD and DVD, or simply combine all of them and view all available videos. A neat feature of VidMasta is the ability to offer a quick link to the summary of each title as well as an available trailer for the selected movie.
When it comes to saving videos on disk or watching them online, the application is able to supply several sources, provided that more than one are available. The 'auto-downloading' feature of VidMasta adds a plus in terms of functionality and further enhances the ease of use. The program can use an external downloader, or the one that's built-in the app.
Insofar as the file types that can be handled with this utility, there is a dedicated area in which users can specify the extensions that are allowed and those who are restricted from downloading.
All in all, VidMasta puts up a good performance and thanks to a decent feature pack it manages to offer its users pretty much everything needed for finding, saving and viewing movies and TV shows with just a few clicks.
• Anonymity via automatic filtering of untrusty IPs, the use of proxies, and encryption
• "Deep Search, Best Source" algorithm for superior video download links.
• The algorithm aggregates all potential download links based on variations of the search query and then selects the best link based on factors that include trustworthiness, number of downloaders and uploaders, and video file size.
• "Popular Movies" option to display recent movies that have been downloaded the most
• "Popular TV Shows" option to display recent TV shows that have been downloaded the most
• Search for popular video titles and download links off-line
• Download video subtitles
• Set the number of results per search
• Set the minimum and maximum size of a video file that can be downloaded
• Set the video file extensions that can be downloaded
• Search for movie and television titles by name, release date, genre, rating, country, and language
• Automatic ordering of search results by popularity
• Hear and read small summaries of titles
• View trailers of titles
• View release dates and ratings of titles
• Multithreading for fast load times of search results and links
• Detection of video box sets
• PeerBlock integration (only available for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7)
• No additional software is needed beyond Java (version 6 or greater). It is highly recommended that you download and install the latest version.
• Automatic (silent) updating of the application
Whats New in version 21.6
CHANGE: UI | Allowed selection of multiple playlist items at once for playing and stopping
CHANGE: UI | Fixed window sizing issues