This post was published 3 years ago. Download links are most likely obsolete.
If that's the case, try asking the author to reupload.
24bit-96kHz FLAC (tracks +Booklet) | Classical | 58:09 | 1006 Mb
A stunning recital of romantic sonatas from Arabella Steinbacher, whose recent disc of Mozart Violin Concerto’s was a Gramophone Editor’s Choice.
Violinist Arabella Steinbacher and pianist Robert Kulek continue their great collaboration with a new PENTATONE release, the recording of César Franck’s Sonata for Piano and Violin in A, which joins Richard Strauss’ Sonata for Violin and Piano in E-flat, Op. 18.
While Franck’s violin sonata is epic in character, Strauss’ work is full of jovial energy, hope and anticipation. This fusion of elements brilliantly demonstrates the synergy between Steinbacher and Kulek, something we have witnessed during their recital performances over the past few years.
Needless to say, both artists possess superb technique. Steinbacher demonstrates her delicate yet fiery touch, most notably in the robust Franck score, while Kulek plays with resolute intonation, steadfast tempo, and broad dynamics. Steinbacher maintains her performance as an equal partner without dominating her counterpart.
As exquisite as the performance is, one surely cannot overlook the role of PENTATONE’s recording partner Polyhymnia, whose first-rate recording and engineering techniques have allowed this release to stay true to the rich and wide sound that are PENTATONE’s trademarks.
This release would undeniably make a solid addition to your collection and mark Strauss’ 150th birthday anniversary this year.
01. Violin Sonata in A Major, FWV 8: I. Allegretto ben moderato
02. Violin Sonata in A Major, FWV 8: II. Allegro
03. Violin Sonata in A Major, FWV 8: III. Recitativo-Fantasia. Ben moderato
04. Violin Sonata in A Major, FWV 8: IV. Allegretto poco mosso
05. Violin Sonata in E-Flat Major, Op. 18 TrV 151: I. Allegro, ma non troppo
06. Violin Sonata in E-Flat Major, Op. 18 TrV 151: II. Improvisation. Andante cantabile
07. Violin Sonata in E-Flat Major, Op. 18 TrV 151: III. Finale. Andante-Allegro