English | 2022 | ISBN: 9355510985 | 796 pages | True EPUB | 28.87 MB
Linux administration based on hosted virtualization.
● Designed for absolute beginners and early Linux users with the most up-to-date knowledge.
● Contains troubleshooting tips and best practices for running a Linux system on your own.
● Supplemental knowledge and insights in server security, threat management, and virtualization.
'Expert Linux Administration Guide' is for the readers who are interested in developing the skills and abilities essential to operate as a professional Linux system administrator. This is the only book that explains everything about Linux practically through examples, simplified visuals, solution tips, and expert-led best practices.
This book begins with an introduction to Linux fundamentals and swiftly progresses to the day-to-day tasks of a Linux administrator. You practically learn how to plan your network by installing Linux and gaining a firm grasp of its file system and system configuration. This book covers all the Linux server settings, including DNS, mail servers, Squid proxy servers, and backup recovery. In addition, the book contains troubleshooting hints and ready-to-use solutions for server configuration, load balancing, firewall configuration, network security concerns, and virtualization. The book does not end here, as it discusses some of the advanced administrator's responsibilities. Topics such as monitoring system performance, process controls, user provisioning, file and database recovery and backup, and software package upgrades are also covered.
By the end of this book, you'll be able to practise and implement the latest system administration techniques in a Linux environment considerably more effectively.
What you will learn
● Learn to install and configure Linux servers quickly.
● Manage configurations, license software, and patch security flaws.
● Obtain the highest level of support for RAID configurations.
● Learn how to set up database servers, backups, and system recovery.
● Expert advice on firewalls, web servers, disc utilization, and network resources.
Who this book is for
This book is intended for System Managers, System Administrators, Network Administrators, Server Administrators, System Engineers, and others interested in becoming professional Linux Administrators. No prerequisite knowledge is required, as the book covers everything clearly and precisely.