FLAC (tracks) / MP3 320 kbps | Alternative Rock | 54:08 | 354 / 131 MB
Third Eye Blind are honoring the 25th anniversary of their self-titled debut with a new Unplugged album. Alternative Press is offering an exclusive first look.
Additionally, the band are previewing the release with lead single “How’s It Going To Be” (Acoustic). The album is out June 24 via Mega Collider Records.
Read more: Jimmy Eat World announce fall 2022 tour with Charly Bliss
Rather than reimagine their debut record in its entirety, the band opted for a mix of different tracks. Several songs from their self-titled LP appear on the tracklisting as well as cuts from Dopamine, Out Of The Vein and Blue, among others.
Vocalist Stephan Jenkins spoke about the album's creation in a press release.
“We wanted to make a comprehensive retrospective, but we couldn't,” he says. “We can’t seem to say what 3EB is because we’re still actively figuring that out. In the studio, I came even more to grips with Virgil Abloh’s thought, that everything in art and music is prototype.
“Twenty-five years of Third Eye Blind finds us feeling glorious, as if everything is coming into deeper focus,” he adds. “It's not lost on us that this is a miracle and that we are in it because of the new fans that keep discovering us and the people who, over the years, have made our music part of their culture.”
1. Third Eye Blind - Blinded (Acoustic) (04:51)
2. Third Eye Blind - Palm Reader (Acoustic) (04:18)
3. Third Eye Blind - Graduate (Acoustic) (03:22)
4. Third Eye Blind - Faster (Acoustic) (03:58)
5. Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life (Acoustic) (05:12)
6. Third Eye Blind - Second Born (Acoustic) (04:14)
7. Third Eye Blind - Losing a Whole Year (Acoustic) (03:31)
8. Third Eye Blind - Red Star (Acoustic) (04:28)
9. Third Eye Blind - Back to Zero (Acoustic) (03:05)
10. Third Eye Blind - Never Let You Go (Acoustic) (04:17)
11. Third Eye Blind - How's It Going to Be (Acoustic) (03:44)
12. Third Eye Blind - Isn't It Pretty (Acoustic) (04:13)
13. Third Eye Blind - God of Wine (Acoustic) (04:55)