This post was published 3 years ago. Download links are most likely obsolete.
If that's the case, try asking the author to reupload.
FLAC (tracks) | 00:28 | Genre: Country | Label: RCA/Legacy | 1968/2018 | 167 MB
01. Waylon Jennings - Only Daddy That'll Walk the Line
02. The Waylors and Waylon Jennings - California Sunshine
03. Waylon Jennings - Weakness In a Man
04. Waylon Jennings - Sorrow (Breaks a Good Man Down)
05. Waylon Jennings - Christina
06. Waylon Jennings - Such a Waste of Love
07. Waylon Jennings - Walk On Out of My Mind
08. Waylon Jennings - Kentucky Woman
09. The Waylors and Waylon Jennings - Long Gone
10. Waylon Jennings - You'll Think of Me
11. Waylon Jennings - Wave Goodbye to Me
12. Waylon Jennings - Too Far Gone
Only the Greatest as a title may have two meanings: the first implies the music included here, and the second implies the artist. There is a case to be made for the latter, but in the case of the former, this is only partially true. Waylon Jennings was one of the most evocative country music artists ever produced. In his long career he did everything his own way, no matter what it cost him. The 12 songs are a testament to the greatness of his mature period as an artist. These are the singles and album tracks recorded during the 1960s when Jennings had actively gone to war with his label about using his own band in the studio and recording the material he chose, not his producers or label A&R men. His readings of Neil Diamond's "Kentucky Woman" and Bobby Bare's "Such a Waste of Love," offer the power of his voice in a setting that was equal parts honky tonk, folk, rock, and even pop. Each track here is a winner, from the best known, such as "Only Daddy That'll Walk the Line" to the least, such as Harlan Howard's underappreciated classic "California Sunrise."