Languages: English | File Size: 284 MB
Arnold is an advanced Monte Carlo ray tracing renderer built for the demands of feature-length animation and visual effects. Originally co-developed with Sony Pictures Imageworks and now their main renderer, Arnold is used at over 300 studios worldwide including ILM, Framestore, MPC, The Mill and Digic Pictures. Arnold was the primary renderer on dozens of films from Monster House and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs to Pacific Rim and Gravity. It is available as a standalone renderer on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X, and is accessible through plug-ins for Maya, Softimage, Houdini and Katana.
- Seamless integration with C4D: objects (instances, cloners, deformers, generators), MoGraph geometry, hair and splines.
- Support for both native particles and Thinking Particles.
- The fastest interactive rendering (IPR) of all Arnold plugins, allows parameter changes to be rapidly previewed without interrupting your work.
- Arnold Shading Network Editor, a node-based material editor.
- A comprehensive list of shaders and utilities, including vertex maps and per-face materials.
- Volume rendering with OpenVDB.
- Deferred, render time generation of geometry with the Arnold procedural node.
- Native linear workflow.
- Team Render, including single-frame distributed rendering.
- Support for third party plugins like X-Particles and Turbulence FD.
- Cinema 4D S24.035 and above
- xpTrail and Explosia FX support requires minimum X-Particles 4.0 build 895
- Windows 10 or later, with the Visual Studio 2019 redistributable.
- CPUs need to support the SSE4.1 instruction set.
- GPU rendering works on Windows and Linux only and requires an NVIDIA GPU of the Ampere, Turing, Volta, Pascal, or Maxwell architecture. We recommend using the 460.39 or higher drivers on Linux and 461.40 (Quadro), 461.40 (GeForce), or higher on Windows. See Getting Started with Arnold GPU for more information.
- Optix™ denoiser requires an NVidia GPU with CUDA™ Compute Capability 5.0 and above.