English | ISBN: 0367371278 | 2021 | 414 pages | PDF | 5 MB
This handbook offers an analysis of Asian diaspora and development, and explores the role that immigrants living within diasporic and transnational communities play in the development of their host countries and their homeland. Bringing together an array of interdisciplinary scholars from across the world, the handbook is divided into the following sections:
• Development Potential of Asian Diasporas
• Diaspora, Homeland, and Development
• Gender, Generation, and Identities
• Soft Power, Mobilization, and Development
• Media, Culture, and Representations.
Presenting cutting-edge research on several dimensions of diaspora and development, Routledge Handbook of Asian Diaspora and Development provides a platform for further discussion in the fields of migration studies, diaspora studies, transnational studies, race relations, ethnic studies, gender studies, globalization, Asian studies, and research methods.